Terms & Conditions
- All prices are exclusive of VAT unless otherwise stated
- Prices are fixed for 3 months.
- All domestic jobs will require a 50% deposit to be paid before materials will be ordered or work to be booked in unless otherwise stated.
- Payment terms are upon receipt of invoice unless otherwise stated.
- Commercial works have payment terms of 14 days unless otherwise stated. When working with a new customer, it will be at the discretion of First For Floors SW Ltd as to whether a deposit is required before commencement of work on site. Subsequent contracts may also be subject to the payment of a deposit.
- All goods remain the property of First For Floors SW Ltd until paid for in full.
- If you fail to pay us on agreed date, we may;
- Charge you interest at the rate set under S.6 of the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (interest) Act 1999.
- Calculated (on a daily basis) from the date of our invoice until payment.
- Compounded on the first day of each month.
- Before and after judgement (unless a court orders otherwise).
- Claim fixed sum compensation from you under S.5A of that Act to cover our credit control overhead cost.
- Recover (under clause 5.8) the cost of taking legal action to make you pay.
- We recommend that sub floor consisting of sand/ cement screed should always be prepared with a minimum 3mm latex.
- Costs given are for continuous working during normal hours (Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm).
- Costs subject to verification of site re-measure where applicable.
- Trimming of doors are chargeable and First For Floors SW Ltd holds no responsibility for damage caused.
- Day works to be charged at £25.00 per hour as required.
- Additional materials/plant to be charged at First For Floors SW Ltd discretion.
- During the winter months, it is essential that the heating system is operational before any installation. Failure to ensure this may cause irreparable damage to the floor covering of which First For Floor SW Ltd cannot accept any responsibility.
- Our estimation includes for work as detailed only. Any changes or additions to the description hereto will be charged accordingly.
- Our estimation is based on cleared areas only unless stated. Although we will be pleased to help with or around heavy objects, this must be a prior arrangement; otherwise, a further labour charge may be made. First For Floor SW Ltd accepts no responsibility for damage to property not moved or whilst being moved.
- First For Floors guarantee all fitting for a period of 6 months when all products and materials have supplied and fitted by a First For Floors fitting team.
- First For Floors does not guarantee any fitting where products and materials have been supplied by the customer.
- The Client is responsible for re-routing of all cables, wires etc. that may run across the sub floor before installation of new floor covering. If this prevents an installation proceeding on a booked installation date, this could incur a cancellation charge or waiting time charge. First For Floor SW Ltd accepts no responsibility for damage to wires or cables during installation.
- Linoleum Floors. All linoleum installations may incur a phenomenon known as stove yellowing. This may cause the flooring to appear slightly more yellow or darker when first installed. Exposure to light after installation will cause the flooring to achieve the correct colour. This process may take up to 3 months and is entirely normal. However, it is more noticeable with the lighter colour ranges.
- Please note; if we are working through a main contractor for a third party, this term overrides all other considerations and maintains the goods as the property of First For Floor SW Ltd. Contracts are to incorporate this condition within its terms and conditions with their Client.
- First For Floor SW Ltd reserves the right to levy a surcharge of £350.00 per team per day if the Client changes an installation date within seven days of the agreed date.
- Order is subject to written confirmation and/or order number.
- Receipt of order or signature on the contract will be an agreement of Terms and Conditions of First For Floor SW Ltd
- Contract is also our word for Estimate/Quotation.
- On site work the main contractor will be responsible for providing lights, electricity and clear access.
- On site the main contractor if required will make provisions for safe and secured storage of the flooring products and always will be responsible for the health and safety of our operatives on their site.
- On completion of floor installation, the Client or site representative will sign off the work.
- Once sign off has occurred you are agreeing to the satisfaction of work completed.
- If there are any disputes with the work carried out the work must not be signed off.
- Sign off is at client’s discretion. Any damages or marks found in the floor that have been caused by the Fitter will only be rectified if pointed out to the fitter before the client has signed off work, any damages noticed after this time i.e. the following day, will be assumed to be the fault of the client and will not be rectified.
- The company reserves the rights to change these Terms and Conditions from time to time.
First For Floors
We are a local family run company based in St Austell, Cornwall with over a decades worth of experience in the flooring industry.
Our aim is to offer a first class service at the best possible price while still maintaining the quality and excellence you would expect and deserve.